Job title: Learning Support Officers for Key Stage 1
Start date: September 2017
Contract: Permanent, full-time 7:30am - 4:00pm or 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary: £17,439 - £19,127 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, W14
Kensington Primary Academy, which opened in September 2016, requires excellent Learning Support Officers for EYFS and Key Stage 1. The school is on a brand new site located on Warwick Road, just off High Street Kensington. Kensington Primary Academy, West London Free School Primary and Earls Court Free School Primary are part of the West London Free School Trust and our staff work closely together, utilizing their skills and experience across all three schools. Our schools are inclusive, with the highest academic standards; we take children from all backgrounds and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to flourish. Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, which we deliver by implementing the cutting-edge Core Knowledge Curriculum. The happiness, well-being and success of our pupils is at the center of everything we do.
This could be the ideal role for a graduate seeking teaching experience prior to teacher training or an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for further career development in a growing organisation.
* Believe that every child can, and will, succeed
* Be organised, flexible, collaborative and resilient, and prepared to tackle all challenges that arise as we establish our schools
* Have the highest ambitions for our pupils, the school and yourself
* Have a calm and professional manner with our pupils
* Be prepared to lead and support small groups of pupils independently
* Organise and deliver extra-curricular activities after school
* Have excellent numeracy and ICT skills and demonstrate an exemplary standard of written and spoken English
We will offer you:
* A unique opportunity to be a founding member of staff and help build our school
* A happy and highly professional working environment, with high expectations and standards
* A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from, and a supportive head teacher and governing body
* Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities. Our LSOs will be expected to attend and actively participate in staff training each week and on INSET days.
* Competitive salaries and, unlike most school support staff roles, this role is not pro-rata as the salary reflects our high expectations of our staff and our working hours (8am-5pm during term-time and some staff training before and after term-time)
Closing Date: Friday 9th June 2017
Interviews: week beginning Monday 12th June 2017
The West London Free School Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.