Job title: Learning Support Officer for Key Stage 1
Start date: end of April 2019
Contract: Permanent, term time (including INSET) 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, W14
Kensington Primary Academy, which opened in September 2016, requires excellent Learning Support Officers for Key Stage 1. The school is on a brand new site located on Warwick Road, just off High Street Kensington. Kensington Primary Academy, West London Free School Primary and Earls Court Free School Primary are part of the Knowledge Schools Trust and our staff work closely together, utilizing their skills and experience across all three schools. Our schools are inclusive, with the highest academic standards; we take children from all backgrounds and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to flourish. Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, which we deliver by implementing the cutting-edge Core Knowledge Curriculum. The happiness, well-being and success of our pupils is at the center of everything we do. This could be the ideal role for a graduate seeking teaching experience prior to teacher training or an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for further career development in a growing organisation.
* Believe that every child can, and will, succeed
* Be organised, flexible, collaborative and resilient, and prepared to tackle all challenges that arise as we establish our schools
* Have the highest ambitions for our pupils, the school and yourself
* Have a calm and professional manner with our pupils
* Be prepared to lead and support small groups of pupils independently
* Organise and deliver extra-curricular activities after school
* Have excellent numeracy and ICT skills and demonstrate an exemplary standard of written and spoken English We will offer you:
* A unique opportunity to be a founding member of staff and help build our school
* A happy and highly professional working environment, with high expectations and standards
* A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from, and a supportive head teacher and governing body
* Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities. Our LSOs will be expected to attend and actively participate in staff training each week and on INSET days.
* Competitive salaries and, unlike most school support staff roles, this role is not pro-rata as the salary reflects our high expectations of our staff and our working hours (7:30am-4:00pm or 8:00am-4:30pm during term-time and some staff training before and after term-time)
Application forms should be addressed to Angela Evangelos, Office Manager, and sent to email@example.com or sent in hard copy to Kensington Primary Academy.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing Date: noon on 29th March 2019
Interviews: 2nd April 2019
The Knowledge Schools Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
After School Care Assistants
All year-round flexible contracts
£10.71 per hour
17.5 hours per week, 3.5 hours per day 3pm – 6.30 pm during term time
Up to 50 hours per week, 10 hours per day 8am – 6pm during school holidays
The role holder will be expected to be flexible in this new role
£19,278 per annum Full Time Equivalent
Reports to: the After School Manager
Start Date: May 2019
We are looking to appoint After-School Assistants for the Knowledge Schools Trust Primary Schools.
This role provides operational and administrative support to the Primary School Afterschool Provision. Please see a full role outline here.
This position is responsible for the smooth delivery of the afterschool provision based at the Trust’s primary schools. In particular breakfast club, after school clubs, after school pay and holiday clubs. They will be responsible for all aspects of managing the play environment, delivering high quality afterschool provision, engaging with the children, dealing with parents and liaising with the schools and Trust.
The role requires a highly child centred approach, the development of creative play contexts, and a strong understanding of safeguarding.
Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding
The Knowledge Schools Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and other employment checks.
Application forms should be sent to Mrs Cheryl Toolan at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter.
Application deadline: Noon on Sunday 21st April. Interviews will take place between the 25th April – 1st May.